A Walk To Remember

I am a Christian woman just trying to live the best I can in this life the Lord has given me. Born and raised in a Christian home, I became a Christian when I was 5 years old. Only now am I starting to search for the path that God wants me to take. It is a constant learning experience, growing in God's grace. I hope my words can inspire others, and warm their hearts and souls.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Canada

I grew up in a Christian home and am the youngest of two girls. I believe that God has each day of my life written down in his book and that if I would only turn to him he would show me his plan for my life.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mum's the Word

Well I have written a bit about my dad lately but I mustn’t forget the woman who bore me from her loins.

I have a great mom. She and I have been best friends for a long time. Whenever I had hard times she was always right there beside me to comfort me and tell me that everything would be O.K. When I was little there were a couple of times I can remember where she would let me take the day off of school so we could spend the day together. Just the two of us. And when I would have to take a lunch to school she would lovingly cut my sandwiches into neat little shapes with her cookie cutters. She would also with great care and pride sew lovely outfits for me, some of which, I regret to say, would get me picked on now if I wore them. ie: M. C. Hammer pants. (I asked her to make those though)

One time, I was sick with the flu and a fever and I remember waking up in the night and there she was, sitting in my room watching over me.

All these little things were her ways of letting me know that I was special to her and that she loved me very much. She used to call me her little sponge because any time she would hug me I would just soak up the love and keep soaking it up. She loves the Lord with all her heart and showed me how to be a good person. When I was little, she would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I would always tell her "I want to be a Mommy!"

I love you Mom!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

angla that was so sweet you are a good writer love grandpa

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angla that was so sweet you are a good writer love grandpa

9:04 AM  
Blogger Dallas said...

Definitely worth saying twice Grandpa. Hee Hee.

You do me much honour my little carnation I love you.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

You're spoiled rotten! lol--just kidding!

Why did you wear MC Hammer pants and dodge the reputation that I got with my diaper pants? I don't remember them.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom! I can only hope my daughter feels the same way--

Diane

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blogs are always so sweet. (A lot like you.) You have a unique way of remembering the good times and sharing them with us. Your blogs are kind of like dessert - they are so sweet you save them to the end.

Bonnie

8:58 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Hi Angela,

Moms are special people, that's for sure! It's fun to look back on memories we have of our childhood and things that we remember best about our moms....remembering the special moments with my mom makes me strive to be the best mom I can be to my daughter. What great examples we have to look up to :)

Take Care!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home